Re: Spin-Out Mortise Cylinder Remover
LCcsm0000 Rick Duskiewicz, CJIL - New York City, NY - USA
June 07, 2019 at 16:22:45
In Reply to Re: Spin-Out Mortise Cylinder Remover|
Posted by Arnold Sintnicolaas - Toronto, ON - Canada
June 07, 2019 at 10:35:25
- Loosen set screw.
- Try key slightly pulled out to turn cylinder.
- Try blank to turn cylinder.
- Try channellocks or visegrips.
- Put on Band-Aid.
- Wipe blood off door.
- Loosen top screw.
- Loosen bottom screw.
- Loosen handles.
- Stick screwdriver in keyway.
- Think twice about that, remove screwdriver from keyway.
- Kick door.
- Suddenly remember you have a specialized tool.
- Look for specialized tool in toolbox.
- Look for specialized tool in worktruck.
- Look again in toolbox.
- Find specialized tool in toolbox.
- Try to remember how to use specialized tool that you found in toolbox.
- Use tool to remove cylinder.
- Throw tool back in toolbox.
- Think, "Hey, that worked well. I gotta remember I have that."
Post a Followup