GLOBAL Access Control Systems, Inc. is seeking a Master
Locksmith for our Pittsburgh, PA location. We are seeking a
highly motivated individual with extensive knowledge and
experience in the security industry providing locksmithing
services. The ideal candidate should be able to Install,
maintain, and repair locks, key systems, and door hardware.
They should be proficient at working with a diverse assortment
of hardware manufacturers and keying systems both old and new as needed in the Western PA market.
GLOBAL Access Control Systems is a leading security
dealer/integrator with a proven commitment to the latest in
commercial and industrial security equipment. Our founders are
second generation security business owners with a history of
many successful major project implementations both nationally
and abroad. We service over 2,500 locations nationwide with an
emphasis on perimeter security, video surveillance and access
Strong core values are at the foundation of our company and a
must for any potential hire. Our environment is team oriented
with an emphasis on mentoring. Mastering job related skill sets
is a constant focus within each and every position.
GLOBAL Access Control Systems, Inc. provides all training
required by OSHA to ensure employee safety.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Install, service, and repair various types of
locks and security devices such as locks, deadbolts, panic
bars, safes and more.
- Install and repair door hardware and hydraulic
- Disassemble locks; repair and replace worn
tumblers, springs, and other parts.
- Cut new or duplicate keys and stamp with
- Issue keys for clients and maintain records of
keys issued and/or returned.
- Create, maintain and interpret existing Master
Keying Systems; use appropriate discretion and special
knowledge of lock systems to preserve the integrity of client's key systems while meeting customer requests.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain both mechanical
locking and electronic key card systems.
- Maintain records of work performed.
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of
equipment and supplies; promote continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as
Qualifications and Skills
Minimum Job Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 3 years of experience directly related to
the duties and responsibilities specified.
Certification/Licensure Certified Registered Locksmith (CRL) by Associated Locksmiths of America (ALOA) is a significant advantage.
- Strong mechanical skills are mandatory, low
voltage wiring and general contracting knowledge are a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Basic pc skills are required including but not
limited to Microsoft Office applications (word, excel,
outlook). Visio and/or CAD drawing and design are a plus.
- Ability to cut and issue keys, re-key, install and
repair locks and hardware.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to interpret, implement, and maintain pre-
defined master key systems.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to
- Ability to make administrative/procedural
decisions and judgments.
- Ability to install, troubleshoot, and repair both
mechanical locking and electronic access control devices.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce
- Skill in utilizing building security and lock
systems and procedures.
Conditions of Employment
- Possession of a valid Pennsylvania driver's
license with clean/acceptable driving record is mandatory for this job.
- Successful candidate must pass pre-employment
background check and drug test.
- Must maintain any required certification status.
- Must be Bondable.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of
average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or
walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards
or physical risks, which require following basic safety
- Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual
elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes,
smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
Corporate Account Executive | GLOBAL ACS
GLOBAL Access Control Systems, Inc.
We Secure Your World